- One who engages in technical analysis. Chicago Mercantile Exchange Glossary
* * *chartist chart‧ist [ˈtʆɑːtst ǁ ˈtʆɑːr-] noun [countable]FINANCE someone who studies past patterns in share prices and other market movements to say how they might change or move in the future:
• Chartists get clues to future price changes by studying price and volume trends.
* * *An analyst who uses charts to plot historical trends of share prices. By following trendlines and recognizing patterns, chartists try to predict trends in markets.► See also Technical Analysis.
* * *chartist UK US /ˈtʃɑːtɪst/ noun [C]► FINANCE a person who uses charts and computer programs to look at how the prices of shares have gone up and down in the past, in order to say how they might change in the future: »
The BT price chart shows how a chartist could have spotted the end of a two-year rise in BT shares.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chartist — may refer to: Chartist (occupation), a person who uses charts for technical analysis Chartist (magazine), a British social democratic periodical An adherent of Chartism, a 19th century political and social reform movement in the UK Cartista, a… … Wikipedia
Chartist — Chart ist, n. A supporter or partisan of chartism. [Eng.] [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
chartist — chartíst [ch pron. c] adj. m., s. m., pl. chartíşti; adj. f., s. f. chartístă, pl. chartíste Trimis de gall, 08.12.2007. Sursa: DOOM 2 … Dicționar Român
chartist — [chärt′ist] n. a person who compiles or uses charts, esp. one who consults charts in order to anticipate fluctuations in the stock market … English World dictionary
chartist — Fin an analyst who studies past stock market trends, the movement of share prices, and changes in the accounting ratios of individual companies. The chartist’s philosophy is that history repeats itself: using charts and graphs, he or she uses… … The ultimate business dictionary
Chartist — Char|tịst, der; en, en [engl. Chartist]: Anhänger des Chartismus … Universal-Lexikon
Chartist — 1Char|tist der; en, en <zu ↑...ist> Anhänger des Chartismus. Chartist 2 2Char|tist [tʃ...] der; s, s <zu 1↑Chart u. ↑...ist> jmd., der 1Charts erstellt u. sie im Hinblick auf künftige Kurs u. Preisentwicklungen analysiert … Das große Fremdwörterbuch
chartist — An investment analyst who uses charts of prices and volumes in an attempt to predict what will happen in financial markets. Most chartist analysis is based on the assumption that history repeats itself and that the movements of share prices… … Accounting dictionary
chartist — An investment analyst who uses charts of prices and volumes in an attempt to predict what will happen in financial markets. Most chartist analysis is based on the assumption that history repeats itself and that the movements of share prices… … Big dictionary of business and management
Chartist — Chartism ► NOUN ▪ a UK parliamentary reform movement of 1837 48, the principles of which were set out in a manifesto called The People s Charter. DERIVATIVES Chartist noun & adjective … English terms dictionary